Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Product Director, $2B Medical Device Company
Job Opportunity at
Summit Search Consultants.com
Posted on Sep 25
The Product Director will oversee product and customer-facing initiatives while developing and executing on initiatives that strengthen the product pipeline and improve customer market share, customer satisfaction, and profit margins for their assigned product category.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve U.S. business plan objectives of sales, net income, gross profit, inventory and price on an annual basis. Inform strategy and support needs of the International division in a Global Franchise model. Manage expenses within budget. Develop and execute strategies to protect and grow company’s position, becoming a leader in the worldwide market.
– Build marketing excellence through engagement, including employee development, objective setting, performance management, regular communication and feedback, and appropriate rewards/recognition.
– Contribute to the development of global brand strategies for products, programs, and other key initiatives including establishment of value proposition, targeting & segmentation, positioning, global branding, and lifecycle management. Understands competitive landscape and develops and executes winning marketing strategies. Manages lifecycle of product portfolio. Provides input into next generation portfolio prioritization. Manage the removal of products from market (obsolescence).
- Partner with Market Insights to execute market research initiatives around customer needs and product validation. Provide product and market expertise to assist in their execution. Stay connected with market needs through frequent interaction with customers (co-travel with sales, attendance at industry meetings, review medical journals, etc.). Build and cultivate sustained relationships with customers and key opinion leaders.
– Complete market opportunity assessments, pricing analysis, demand forecasting, and set goals and track metrics of demand generation initiatives.
Business Planning & Execution
– Work closely with manager to develop business plans related to area of focus (i.e. business segment, product, region, etc.). Collaborate with other functional areas to execute plan. Apply understanding of the sales process to develop well positioned market messaging that can drive customer behavior. Partner with the sales force and sales training to effectively deploy.
Portfolio Planning & Product Development
– Contribute to multigenerational portfolio plans aligned to company strategy. Partner with Global Strategic Innovation and R&D counterparts to lead innovation process and product development programs. Responsible for contributing to product scope, providing design inputs, validating product design, and development of launch messaging and materials, set configurations, etc. Leverage strong understanding of product development process and functional areas (quality, regulatory, etc.) to ensure on-time launches.
– Responsible for leading and executing impactful worldwide product launches. Specific responsibilities include the development of brand strategy, marketing materials for all key stakeholders (salesforce, physicians, hospitals, patients, payers, etc.), price strategy, promotional plan, product training plan (salesforce & customers), product forecasting, inventory roll-out plan, sales tools, etc.
General Business Leadership
– Influences and responds to cross-functional stakeholders including Medical Education, Sales, Finance, R&D, and others to deliver maximum effectiveness of the Marketing organization. Partner with Integrated Brand Marketing, Customer & Field Marketing and Tradeshow groups to build promotional plans around key events and provide on-site support. Partner closely with Sales Teams to gather input on customer needs and ensure strong alignment with product and company strategy. Be responsive to requests from customers and sales.
Must be able to lead and participate on cross-functional teams, gain alignment and drive decision making with colleagues on the commercial strategy and tactical plans; understand, interpret and communicate commercial and competitive implications of complex technical/clinical/regulatory data, and interact with R&D colleagues on scientific issues; demonstrate strong leadership presence through influencing with or without authority with high-level management, and demonstrate excellent strategic thinking and strong communication skills.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, with 10 years’ experience; MBA with 7+ years’ experience is preferred.
At least 7-10 years progressive business experience in medical device and/or consumer marketing
Senior brand/product marketing responsibility, people management experience, product launch, experience in working with global teams and a strong understanding of product development
Experience working with customers and translating customer needs to the R&D organization
Development and execution of successful business plans, along with a demonstrated track record of business results, a sense of urgency and big picture orientation with attention to detail
Successful interactions with key customers and sales force
Development and launch excellence for new products, services and programs to the healthcare community
Software marketing and/or SaaS (software as a service) experience
Consumer product marketing experience
Radiology/medical imaging experience
Payer and patient advocacy experience
This position requires up to 25% domestic travel, including overnight and weekend travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Terms of Usage
HotNewHavenJobs.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2018, All Rights Reserved)